The Hour Glass brings together nine cultural wunderkinds in a new series of short films.
For the next two months, The Hour Glass will be presenting a series of short films on YouTube, called “The Lives of Artists”, which will revolve around nine of the world’s leading creatives and artisans to share their wisdom while inspiring you with their stories. This new series will profile the journey of these artists while documenting their passion and dedication to their respective crafts.
The series will be featuring the following personalities:
- April 22: Maximilian Büsser, MB&F
- April 29: Sir David Adjaye OBE RA, Adjaye Associates
- May 6: Rexhep Rexhepi, Akrivia
- May 13: Daniel Arsham, NYC Artist
- May 20: Wieki Somers, Studio Wieki Somers
- May 27: Roger W. Smith, Roger W Smith Watches
- June 3: Marc Newson, Marc Newson Ltd
- June 10: Oki Sato, Nendo
- June 17: Felix Baumgarter and Martin Frei, URWERK
“The Lives of Artists” will kick off with Maximilian Büsser, Swiss entrepreneur and founder of the watch brand MB&F. His portrait will premier on YouTube on April 22, 12pm GMT. Following the film, there will also be a live Q&A between The Hour Glass Group Managing Director Michael Tay and Maximilian Büsser on The Hour Glass’ Instagram stories on the same day at 12.30pm GMT. There they will be discussing what the future holds for MB&F. For those interested to join in on the Q&A session, you can leave your questions in the comment section of the premiere page.
View “The Lives of Artists” playlist here.
Photos: The Hour Glass